BERGEN TOOLS, need we say more.
This kit is to prevent the engine shafts (e.g. camshafts, crankshaft) from turning or to keep them in a specific position when changing a timing belt or during other engine repairs.
All high quality precision manufactured tools from a reliable tool manufacturer.
Made by professionals for professionals.
On Alfa Romeo Twin Spark engines the camshafts are held in the timed position by Camshaft Setting Plates.
The plates are bolted in position in place of the specified camshaft bearing caps on both the inlet and exhaust camshafts.
The inlet setting plate replaces the bearing cap on No.2 cylinder and the exhaust setting plate replaces the bearing cap on No.3 cylinder.
Please note:The Setting Plates are machined to match the exact profile on the camshaft in the timed position. Ensure the correct colour and inlet/exhaust setting plates are used for the engines stated above.
Please note:When installing Camshaft Setting Plates or refitting the bearing caps, re-tighten tighten the retaining bolts to the manufacturers specified torque. Refer to the vehicle manufacturers service instructions, or the correct manual, to find the correct torque settings.
1.4 and 1.6 Engines
• Use the Purple Camshaft locking plates• 145, 146, 155, 156 (96 - 01)
• Use the Blue Camshaft locking plates• 145 and 146 (96 - 01)• 155 and 156 (96 - 06)• Spider and GTV (98 - 01)
• Use the Blue Camshaft locking plates• 145 and 146 (96 - 01)• 147 (01 - 07)• 155 and 156 (95 - 02)• 166 (98 - 01)• Spider and GTV (96 - 03)
Item No. Description and OEM No
• 1. Balance Shaft Tensioner. OEM No. 1822154000• 2. Timing Belt Tensioner. OEM No. 1822149000• 3. Setting Plates (Purple). OEM No. 1825042000• 4. Setting Plates (Blue). OEM No. 1825041000
• Alfa Romeo Twin Spark 1.4;1.6; 1.8; and 2.0L 16V Twin Cam petrol engines• (Engine code: 162.01, 322.01,323.01, 323.10, 335.03, 671.06, 6, 72.04 and 676.01)• Alfa Romeo 145,146,147,155,156,166, Spider and GTV• Supplied in blow moulded storage case